- Embroidery Patterns
- Key to Stitches & Colors
- Transfer Pencil
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Embroidery Hoop
- Embroidery Needle
- Table Linens (or any other fabric item you wish to use with this pattern.)
Embroidery Floss Colors:
- 741 - Medium Tangerine
- 742 - Light Tangerine
- 869 - Very Dark Hazelnut
- 3802 - Very Dark Antique Mauve
- 3687 - Mauve
- 904 - Very Dark Parrot Green
- 906 - Medium Parrot Green
- 907 - Light Parrot Green
- 973 - Bright Canary
This pattern uses the following embroidery stitches: Backstitch, Lazy Daisy, French Knot, and Satin Stitch. If you don't know how to do any of these stitches Click Here for an instruction page.
- Before you begin, be sure to wash, and dry your table linens so that any shrinking that may take place in the wash will already be done.
- *(HINT: Test the following transfer process out on a scrap piece of fabric first to make sure that you have the right heat from your iron and the right holding time for a clear transfer.)
- Print out the Embroidery Patterns page and separate the two patterns by cutting a circle around each design.
- Hold the design you wish to use up against a window with the printed side against the window and the back of the pattern facing you. You should be able to see the design through the paper.
- Using your transfer pencil, trace along all the lines of the design.
- Heat your iron to the cotton setting.
- Lay your table linen or other fabric on the ironing board and place the pattern on your desired position with the transfer pencil side against the fabric and the printed side facing you.
- Press down with your iron for about 20-30 seconds. Do not move the iron, just hold down.
Now you are ready to stitch your design. Be sure to use your embroidery hoop and to pull your stitches gently to make sure that your work lays flat when finished and does not pucker.
Print out the Key to Stitches & Colors to give you the info you need to stitch the design of your choice.
Stitch your design on your fall table linens such as napkins, table runner, doily or table cloth.