~ How To Projects ~
Leaf Applique Patterns
Add leaves to your project or quilt with our leaf applique patterns. There are 5 different leaves in 4 different pattern sizes so you can add our appliques to a variety of autumn leaf projects.
Click below for more
Craft Projects and Patterns
~ Projects By Theme ~
Get this entire project
Ads, Banners, Logo or Margins
Bonus: The Easy Print Version contains all 5 leaf applique patterns and each leaf comes in 4 sizes.
Purchase this Pattern collection on our Ad Free / Easy Print Version for only $1.95
Leaf Appliqué Patterns
- Fabric for leaves in a contrasting color from the background fabric
- Fusible adhesive such as "Heat’n Bond"
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Fabric Scissors
- (Optional: Needle and thread color to contrast with the leaf fabric if you plan to stitch the edges and inside lines of the appliqués.)
- Leaf Applique Patterns
Leaf #1 - Mini, Small, and Medium
These Patterns Available Below FREE
Leaf #1 - Mini 2.25" x 2.75", Sm 3.75" x 4.00", Med 4.25" x 5.50",
and Lg 5.00" x 6.50"
Leaf #2 - Mini 2.25" x 2.75", Sm 3.00" x 4.00", Med 4.00" x 5.00",
and Lg 4.75" x 6.00"
Leaf #3 - Mini 2.50" x 2.25", Sm 3.50" x 3.50", Med 4.75" x 4.50",
and Lg 5.50" x 5.25"
Leaf #4 - Mini 2.00" x 2.50", Sm 3.00" x 4.00", Med 4.00" x 5.25",
and Lg 5.00" x 6.25"
Leaf #5 - Mini 2.75" x 2.50", Sm 4.25" x 4.00", Med 5.75" x 5.25",
and Lg 7.00" x 6.25"
All Available on Easy Print Version (see button below)
Be sure to use the right fusible adhesive for your project. If you plan to stitch the edges of your appliqué, you should use a light fusible adhesive. If you do not want to stitch the edges of your appliqué and you want it to be washable, then you should use an ultra strong hold fusible adhesive. Look for fusible adhesives in your fabric store near the interfacing.
- Cut out the pattern for the size of leaf that you wish to appliqué.
- Lay your fusible iron-on adhesive out with the paper side up.
- Trace the pattern onto the paper.
- Cut the extra fusible adhesive paper around the traced pattern about 1/2 inch away from the pattern lines.
- Lay the adhesive, paper side up onto the wrong side of your fabric.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for bonding the adhesive with your iron.
- Cut out the leaf pattern through both the fabric and paper, and then peel off the paper backing.
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions to apply the appliqué.
The PDF version (available below) contains patterns for all 5 leaves in 4 sizes each!
1.) Read or Print this project from our website, as is, for free.
2.) Purchase Easy Print Version - Download NOW:
- Convenient - NO ads, menus, or margins - Save ink and paper
- Complete - All instructions & patterns for this project + Bonus*
*This version includes 5 leaf applique patterns and each leaf comes in 4 sizes.