~ How To Projects ~
Bathroom Accessory Make-Over
Click below for more
Craft Projects and Patterns
~ Projects By Theme ~
- Plastic Soap Dispenser
- Plastic Cup
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cotton Balls
- Spray Paint
- Clear Acrylic Sealer Spray*
- Wood dowel approx. 2 to 3 feet long
- Your favorite decals (rub on or wet rub on)
- To prepare your accessories, wash them thoroughly in the dishwasher or in hot water and soap.
- Keep the dispenser top off of the soap container and set it aside.
- Remove the labels from the soap dispenser and any that might be on the cup.
- Remove the sticky residue from the place where the label was affixed with nail polish remover and cotton balls.
- Remove the paint from the cup with nail polish remover and cotton balls.
- Rinse them off again and let the dry completely.
- Lay some newsprint out in a well ventilated area and place the cup upside down on the paper.
- Spray paint the cup completely without moving it and let dry.
- Next, hang the soap dispenser on the dowel by placing the dowel into the opening of the soap dispenser.
- Now you can spray paint the soap container in a well ventilated area.
- Then, set the other end of the dowel into a bucket so that the dowel stands up and the container will not touch anything while it dries.
- If necessary apply a second coat of paint to each item and let dry completely.
- Apply decals to the soap container and the cup.
- Follow the same directions above for painting the soap container and the cup, but this time, spray them with clear acrylic sealer.
- Let dry completely. (*Due to the paint and sealer these are items are not intended to be used for drinking or eating.)